Wednesday, February 18, 2009

REDEMPTION SONG

-Chris D
I already had a chance to give my opinion on the Boli-Rod press conference on this week’s radio show (click on the player above). And while I think it was a poor performance and I can’t believe that he paid a crisis management team for that performance, I can’t help but think about Jose Canseco. For as bad as A Rod looked on Tuesday, Canseco came out of it looking that good. Has anyone been validated like Canseco has in this A-Rod scandal? Ok, maybe Chad Pennington, who my co-host claims had a better year than anyone in the world (Barack Obama included). Chad P returned to the office where he was fired, knocked his old team out of the playoffs, won a playoff berth for his new team and got his old coach fired. Certainly a strong case, but Jose Canseco has gone from MLB cast off – and butt of every media joke - to the oracle of the steroid era. If he is still broke and forced to smuggle “male-enhancement” drugs across the border from Mexico to make a living, we should all get together and give money to the only honest athlete in the Steroid Era. We shall give to the Jose and Ozzie Canseco Fund. That’s right – I’m throwing his twin brother Ozzie in there too because as many of you know the Canseco brothers are my all-time favorite sibling tandem in sports.
I have to go now and find out if Honest Abe (uh, I mean Jose) is dropping any gems on Twitter (and don’t forget to visit SiblingRivals on Twitter while you’re there)!

No comments:

Post a Comment